I felt very sad because I was not able to get the ticket to the film Hero last Friday. I learned from the newspaper that tickets could be bought at the cinema box office in Richland Hills any day between 10:00 a. m. and 4:00 p. m. Since I work from 9:00 a. m. to 5:30 p. m. , the only time I could go to the cinema is during my 45 minutes’ lunchtime. It is a pity that the cinema is on the other side of the town and the bus service between my company and Richland Hills is not very good. But if you are lucky, you can make the round trip in 45 minutes.
Last Monday, I stood at the bus stop for 15 minutes waiting for a bus. By the time I saw one come round the corner, there was not enough time left to make the trip, so I had to go back. The same thing happened on Tuesday, and again on Wednesday. On Thursday my luck changed. I got on a bus right away and arrived at the cinema in twenty minutes. But when I got there, I found a long line of people at the box office. I heard one man said he had been waiting in line for over an hour. I found I would not have enough time to wait in line. I caught the next bus and went back across the town.
By Friday I understood my only hope was to make the trip by car. It was expensive, but I felt it would be worth it to see the film. The trip by car only took 10 minutes, but it felt like an hour to me. When I reached the cinema, I was delighted to see that nobody was waiting in line. But I quickly found out that it was because they had already sold out all the tickets.
【1】It seemed that the writer of the story works as a ____.
A. worker B. doctor C. farmer D. clerk
【2】The writer tried to go to the cinema every day, but really got there ____.
A. five times B. twice C. four times D. three times
【3】We can infer from the underlined sentence that the writer was ____.
A. worried B. sorry C. surprised D. pleased
【4】In the end the writer got ____ ticket(s).
A. one B. two C. three D. no
【5】When the writer reached the cinema, he was delighted because ____.
A. he understood his only hope was to make the trip by car
B. it was expensive, but he felt it would be worth it to see the film
C. he saw that nobody was waiting in line
D. the trip by car only took 10 minutes
Helping your child choose a hobby is very good for them. They can learn a lot when they are enjoying themselves. To help your child choose a hobby for fun, here are a few tips that may help:
● Match your child's interests. If she likes to cook, buy her a cookbook. Show your interest in and support of their interests.
● Try something different. Introduce a new hobby as a birthday or holiday gift. In trying something completely different, your child may become interested in it or at least get to know a new thing.
● Share a hobby with them. Take an art class as a family. Go for a mountain climbing together. Spending family time doing fun things can make a healthy and nice relationship.
● Take it to next level. If they prefer pop music, visit a singer star's website. Take in a concert. Make it fun for everyone.
● Don't push hobbies that interest you. Let kids choose their own interests, though you can always introduce them a new one. Don't show your disappointment if they choose something different from what you thought of.
Hobbies are a great way for kids to learn new things. From kite building to song writing, help your children to try different interests until they choose one they want to learn more.
【1】Who is the passage written for?
A.Parents. B.Doctors. C.Teachers. D.Students.
【2】Which tips(建议) can improve the family relationship?
A.Match your child's interests.
B.Share a hobby with your child.
C.Try different hobbies.
D.Don't push your interests to your child.
【3】The main idea of the passage is ___________.
A.spending family time doing fun things can make a healthy and nice relationship
B.helping your child choose a hobby is very good for them
C.hobbies are not a great way for kids to learn new things
D.letting kids choose their own interests